Monday, August 11, 2008

Going green

So while we were shopping at Costco last week, I was grabbing my usual bottle of Cascade when I saw a bottle of this. So I grab it and tell Brett that we should switch to all "green" products. I even made a bottle of vinegar water to clean with. I was really quite excited about "being green." Well this morning I pour our new cleaner into the dishwasher hoping it cleaned as well as the normal stuff. I turn it on and go on my way. About 20 minutes later I walk by the kitchen and see a giant pile of bubbles pouring out of the dishwasher all over the floor! Yep, you guessed it. I put dish soap into the dishwasher. Oh the mess I had. This was after I had cleaned up the floor. I had to scoop bubbles for 45 minutes!


Here are some pictures from our trip to Santa Cruz on Saturday. We had fun but quickly realized how much life changes when you have a baby. We bought all you can ride passes for the boardwalk and despite many eager babysitters (guys from Brett's station), we just took turns riding rides...which didn't last too long. We did get to play putt putt together taking turns holding Kayleigh. I would also like to add that I won!! I beat Brett and Chris by a long shot! Not to brag or anything but I BEAT THE BOYS!! All in all, we had a lot of fun hanging out at the beach, playing volleyball and riding rides on the boardwalk. Brett even won two stuffed animals for Kayleigh!


Sorry there aren't more pictures. I remembered the camera but the battery was basically dead. And last but not least, a video of Kayleigh from this morning. We were watching the Olympics last night and she loved the swimming. She started "talking" like crazy. Now she has babbled before, but not nearly this much. Well, we couldn't get the battery and camera in time, so we missed it last night, but this morning we had the Olympics on again and sure enough when swimming came on she started doing it again. Maybe we've got a future swimmer on our hands. If you've seen her in the pool or bath tub, you've seen how much she loves water. Anyway, enjoy the video!

Love from the Bonner's!

3 comments:

The Blakelys said...

Hey Y'all! Kayleigh is getting so big. I know that you both are having so much fun enjoying her. Can't wait to see her again soon. Talk to you later. Tricia

Anonymous said...

go Kayleigh go! too cute!

Anonymous said...

good thing she looks like her daddy ---jeff