Saturday, November 17, 2012

Bumpdate 33 weeks



I'm the worst about keeping track of my pregnancies or taking pictures along the way. Forget keeping up with baby books. Hopefully my kids will forgive me. So...when I do take a picture, I'm a little shocked by my ever expanding belly. When did I get so big??? How am I going to make it another month and some??? How big is this little man?

I'm really looking forward to meeting our little boy, and we are pretty much ready for him. Just a few odds and ends to buy and a hospital bag to pack, and we are ready to go.

I'm down to two week appointments at the OB, which is so exciting when it is your first but seems less of a milestone in subsequent pregnancies. It is always nice to hear his heartbeat, but I definitely forgot how little they did at these appointments. Though I am very thankful we are both healthy and that they are uneventful visits. Surprisingly the old wives tale about the heartbeat (over 150 for a girl and under for a boy) has held true the entire time for all three of my babies. His has held pretty steady around 135. My blood pressure is low as always and weight is...ummm...well within normal though it remains my least favorite part of the visit.

In the meantime, I'm surviving. I'm so incredibly thankful for this pregnancy and this sweet baby, especially with the miscarriages we had before him, but I can't say I'm not wishing these next few weeks will fly by. As you can see from my picture, not only am I dealing with SPD, I am running out of torso. He has his feet and legs firmly planted in my right ribs. Thankfully, I have an amazing husband who has picked up some of my slack and two incredibly helpful and understanding little girls. Now if I can stretch my shirts to cover this belly for another month or so, we'll be good to go. Or maybe a Target trip is in order...for the sake of those who are graced with my presence...and this belly.

A post with pictures of a visit to the snow coming tomorrow and hopefully official word on our new duty station coming very soon. A baby and a move? Life couldn't be more exciting!

And for the record, that is not the start of an outie in the picture above. I have an abnormally deep belly button that has yet to ever go outie. I think I'd take outie over huge and stretched but you can't have it all. ;)

No comments: