Thursday, June 28, 2012

#3

So this little peanut is the reason I've been so exhausted, nauseous and had such a cooking aversion...wait...had? Still do! Poor husband and children of mine. Every symptom I had with the girls has been magnified with this little one. I even threw up once! *GASP* Completely unlike me. I've also had more migraines than I care to think about. I used to brag that I had less when I was pregnant and what a blessing that was. Geesh...did I jinx myself or what?

Despite all the yuckiness and exhaustion, I feel so incredibly blessed to finally make it to my second trimester with a healthy little baby growing inside of me. When you go through a loss, and then another loss, and then yet another, especially with one being so late in the game, you have a whole new outlook on that positive pregnancy test. It was as though all my pregnancy innocence had been stripped away. Excitement was replaced with worries and anxiety and instead of getting attached to the baby growing inside of me, I tried to not get too attached to the idea of another baby to love. Each time as I tried to leave things in God's hands and ask Him to take away my worry, I still held on to a looming sadness if His plan for us didn't include another baby. Despite the sadness and pain of losing three babies, I am grateful for an even deeper appreciation for what a blessing a baby is, what a blessing this baby is. I no longer take for granted a good ultrasound, high HCG levels or a still positive pregnancy test. I am also even more grateful to God for allowing us this blessing along with our other beautiful girls. I hope that makes sense. I am also reminded often that we are already so blessed with two sweet girls. Many others struggle to conceive just one precious baby. What we've experienced is just hiccup compared to what others face daily.

So back to the fun details...baby is measuring right on track for my due date of January 6th. The heartbeat has been strong and steady every time. This ultrasound it was 160 beats per minute. The girls are so, so very excited about a new baby, though, they only want a sister. Occasionally, you can talk Campbell into saying boy, but for the most part, they want a girl party. I personally will be thrilled with a boy or a girl. So easy to please, aren't I? ;) Brett of course would be thrilled with a boy but knows he'll be just as much in love with a girl as he is with the two we've got. They LOVE their Daddy, and he's pretty much wrapped around their finger too.

The girls love to talk to the baby and give my belly kisses. Campbell likes to put her face up to my belly and say, "Baby come out and play!!" I keep telling her all the birthday and holidays and seasons that have to go by before the baby can come out, but well, she's 2 and she just doesn't get it. That and she's pretty tenacious and doesn't like to take no for an answer. ;) They are also quite insistent that they have a baby in their belly too. Well, that and that they want boobies. I told them once they have big boobies, we can start talking about having babies in their bellies. Oh my. I'm gonna have my hands full. All I know for sure is that this little baby is going to be very loved...and bossed around...and probably subjected to all sorts of dress-up and tea parties and oh my.

I also know that I am going to have to go shopping. Lots of shopping. My maternity clothes are well-worn, faded and some are even holey. Our baby clothes will all be the wrong season even if we do have a girl. And how many things could possibly be invented in less than 3 year? A TON! The baby business must be a big money maker. There is so much new stuff. Thank God for Dave Ramsey and getting our budget in order!

Although everything with #3 is looking great, we would absolutely appreciate any prayers for a healthy 6 more months and a healthy little baby in January (or December but I won't hold my breath).

No comments: