Thursday, June 26, 2008

2nd Anniversary!

Tuesday, June 24th, was our second anniversary. Time has flown by! That morning, we had to go to Alameda to enroll Kayleigh as a military dependent. While we were there, we bought each other gifts at the exchange. We both got to pick out something we wanted since neither of us planned ahead and bought gifts. I got a new Fossil watch, which was on sale, so I love it even more! Brett got a new game for his PS3. On our way home, we decided to avoid traffic and drive around Berkeley. We drove through the campus, which was really pretty. It made me miss school being in a college town again, but I must say Berkeley was totally different than Georgia! There were hippies, cross dressers and all other sorts everywhere! We also drove by the tree sitters to get a look. Actually we drove by about 6 times so Brett could see...ha! What tourists we were. For those of you who don't know about the tree sitters, this will acquaint you with our crazy fellow Californians! http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/06/17/politics/uwire/main4188661.shtml If you read the entire article, you will find that they are now pouring their bodily waste onto the Police below. Seriously, that is just gross. Even though there is a court order for the tree sitters to be removed, they are so high in the trees, the police don't want to risk physically removing them. I don't blame them. I couldn't believe how high they were! They have built basically a tree house way up at the top of these trees! Anyway, that was quite exciting for us (we don't get out much!). After we drove around Berkeley a while, we headed back to our part of town, which is a little more tame. We headed to our favorite sushi restaurant to have a nice anniversary dinner. We have a tradition of having sushi on our anniversary. Well, when deciding where to eat, we both were contemplating sushi when we realized we had sushi last year, on our honeymoon, and in fact I even had sushi for lunch the day we got married, so we decided it would be our new tradition. For me it saves the trouble of having to decide where to eat for our anniversary, which if you know me, it could take a while for me to make up my mind. It saves Brett the anguish of listening to me weigh my options for 2 hours before finally picking where to eat! ;) All in all, it was a nice anniversary! I love him more every day and we can't wait to celebrate with sushi for 70 more years!

So do you have any anniversary traditions?

No comments: